Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Modeling and other skills/hobbies

It sure is fun to get all dolled up and create interesting images with a beautiful costume, a cool idea, and some hot poses! I really enjoy modeling and am looking to get more exposure in magazines, calenders, and catalogs. Styles I am interested in include: Glamour, lingerie, performance artist, pinup, promotional modeling, and swimwear. I will also consider event work, depending on assignment. I can do my own hair and makeup and have many, many unique costumes I can use for a shoot as well. I love to travel and am seeking creative photographers to collaborate with.


My photography credits include: Vestige Photography, Skwid Inc Photography and Design, Flash In The Past Photography, Photo Safari at the Burlesque Hall of Fame, Steve McMackin, 3 Quarter Moon Photography, Centerfold Studios, Hardwood Pinups. For more information please visit my Model Mayhem page at http://www.modelmayhem.com/stormyleigh


Let's see... Other skills... Well, my dance training includes: Ballet, jazz, tap, and modern dance. Before delving into the world of burlesque, I performed many years with Flor de Liz Dance and Tucson Metropolitan Ballet, appeared in the motion picture "Tank Girl", and spun fire poi while on roller skates in a collaboration with Tucson Roller Derby and world renowned fire performance group Flam Chen. I roller skate very well as I competed in American Roller Dance and speed skating/racing from age 11 into my early 20's. I guess I've always been an active gal!


But wait, there's more! I really really enjoy costume design and construction. The majority of my costumes are my own design and believe me, many an hour has been spent threadin' a needle, cutting a pattern, and inhaling E-6000 fumes! I also do choreography and was recently hired to choreograph a "First Dance" for a wedding - so much fun! Additionally, I have my own line of hair flowers, fascinators, and boudoir pasties called LOOT by Stormy Leigh. Recently, my LOOT business has had to take a backseat to my day job and burlesque endeavors, but I still do occasionally make and sell items as time allows.


Did I mention 60's style go-go dancing? That's my latest venture. Stormy's Go-Go Tornadoes will feature a group 60's style go-go dance with a playful flair to a variety of upbeat tunes. The Tornadoes are still in the zygote stage and updates will be posted as we make progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment