Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Getting back on track

After reviewing my earliest blog posts, I've decided to follow through on writing about my mentors and inspirations...

So, let's briefly get back on track with lovely La Cholita - The Latina Queen of Burlesque!

Meeting La Cholita several years ago was a wonderful experience which I will try to recall as best as I can... She definitely impressed me though! Such a dazzling, powerful performer who takes complete command of the stage from start to finish. I recall admiring her colorfully ornate costumes that were styled to reflect her Mexican heritage. So much fringe and ruffles and rhinestones! As we all got ready for the evening's show, I found her to be very sweet, glamorous, interesting, funny, and down to earth all at the same time. Cholita performed with Black Cherry in 2009 and 2010 and was always friendly with each and everyone of the other performers, even making time in her busy schedule to join a few of us for brunch the next morning of her brief stay. Viva La Cholita!

No comments:

Post a Comment