Saturday, November 14, 2009

My two year anneversary with Black Cherry Burlesque!

(This went on my myspace blog Wednesday, December 03, 2008, nearly a year ago!  I also thought it was funny how I used the phrase "wink and a smile" when talking about Miss Indigo Blue who visited back in 2007, way before her movie came out...)

Yes, October (wasn't October just yesterday?) 2008 marked my second year performing with Black Cherry Burlesque! It just keeps getting better and better, I just wish we performed more often. It's been a long time since I've blogged, so sorry! So, I'm still trying to catch up... Just over a year ago, Black Cherry and all of Tucson was graced with the presence of burlesque starlet, Miss Indigo Blue. I wish I had written about her while my memory of her was still fresh but believe me, if you didn't see her, she was fabulous! Her first act involved biscotti and coffee, appropriate for a gal from USA's coffee capitol, Seattle. Lots of humor and I loved her playful facial expressions. Her second act was also delivered with a wink and a smile, all decked out in her trade-mark blue. Off stage, Miss Indigo Blue was the picture of ladylike sophistication. Let's hope we get another visit from her soon.

So what's up next for Black Cherry? We're puttin' the polish on our holiday show, on December 11th and 12th which is Thursday and Friday, contrary to what my poster says - more apologies. That's the same weekend as the 4th Avenue Street Fair, so consider doing some shopping, having dinner on Fourth Avenue (the food at the Wench is quite good), and then stick around and see what holiday treats we have stuffed in our stockings! And what's Stormy up to for this show? Two acts that are in time with the season, done Stormy-style! You better bet one of them is The Grinch!!! Look for some hot new moves outta that crusty ol' green goblin...

No comments:

Post a Comment