Friday, June 30, 2017

Where there's smoke...

Photoshoots can be a surprising amount of work, but sooooo worth the effort! This is another one from the Sasserfraz Junkyard Shoot in January 2016 in Whitmann, Arizona. Here's what went into this one: After trying on numerous outfit and costume combinations, I brought my fans, along with four different looks and ended up getting photos of three out of the four. That's about what I expected for a day of shooting, but I always bring extra outfits, just in case. The junkyard would have been close to a 3 hour drive from where I live but I happened to be staying in Phoenix for another event so my drive one way was closer to 45 minutes. There's no sleeping in for a big shoot like this one! I did my own makeup, as I often do and also opted for full wigs so I could easily change my look at my car. Yes, I changed my outfits at (not even in) my car as changing in a port-potty isn't exactly practical. No biggie, I'm not shy. And for the most part everyone is respectable toward the privacy of others at these big shoots. So, once I'm dressed, I trudge from my car to where the action is, with my practical shoes on and my fancy shoes and a bottle of water in a bag. And my fans! Then I change into my heels once I'm at a good location. The one above was taken by Eric Molinar Photography, who lit smoke bombs for added effect. I absolutely love this photo. Once I felt like I had worked those enough, it was time to change into more of a pinup type of look.
This one is by Glen Az, whom I did not know well at the time but we had lots of fun and got a lot of great photos! He's a favorite of burlesque performers in Phoenix and Tucson, and takes beautiful videos of our acts at local shows.

Time for a lunch break! This shoot was so big they even had food vendors. I had barbecue!

For my last look I really changed it up and went with a goth/steampunk look.

Photo by AZ Snapz.

The shoot went on until sundown but if memory serves me right I was done around 3:30 or so, which is long enough. I changed back into comfy driving clothes and drove back to my hotel, satisfied with having a very fun day meeting lots of photographers and creating interesting images!

#stormyleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment