Friday, July 26, 2013

Centurions



Since I'm still playing catch-up from not blogging from November 2009 to January 2013, as well as turning my focus more on Tucson, I would like to make a mention of my experience of performing at the 2012 Centurions Fundraiser. For those that aren't familiar, it's a HUGE party held each May to benefit Carondelet/Saint Mary's Hospital. When I say HUGE, I mean they even blocked off the streets downtown as well as take over several businesses and nearby parking lots just to contain the whole party! Thousands attend and it's a top-notch themed event with a costume contest, gambling, bands, food, and a hefty amount of alcohol. Description here:  http://www.downtowntucson.org/2012/04/the-centurions-are-throwing-a-masquerade-escapade-party/

Black Cherry Burlesque was the final and featured act of the festive evening at the historic Rialto Theater. The hosts of the show rushed us from the green room (a separate building from the theater) to backstage as we were told the venue was filled with a restless audience. They wanted burlesque! Lola Torch opened the show, warming up the audience with her lovely version of Let Me Entertain You. I was up next, with the first striptease routine of the evening. Taking a deep breath, I quickly walked to center stage and struck my opening pose. The lights came up, my music started, and I turned to face 1,400+ people standing shoulder to shoulder, watching and cheering as I undressed and worked my boa... Sizzling acts by Ginger SinClaire and Diamonda Morgue followed, further captivating the audience. I finished the show by performing my playful and high-energy Greek Statue act, most certainly initiating quite a good number of people to a crazy lil' thing in burlesque we call "Ass Tassels!"


No comments:

Post a Comment